Here are highlights of upcoming events sponsored by the City of Pasadena. All events are free.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 30
6:30 p.m. – “Streets, Traffic and Transit” is the topic of a panel discussion followed by plenty of audience Q&A at PCC’s Community Education Center, 3035 E. Foothill Blvd. as part of our General Plan update. Speakers are Ellen Greenberg, an expert in smart mobility, sustainable streets and transit-oriented development; and Philip Erickson, president of Community Design + Architecture and a planner, urban designer and architect with special expertise in city streets. (626) 744-4009.
THURSDAY, OCT. 1
* 6:30 p.m. – How can Pasadena’s bikeway system be improved? Bring your best ideas to a meeting at Jackie Robinson Center, 1020 N. Fair Oaks Ave. (626) 744-7254.
* 7 p.m. – All seven Pasadena City Council members will host discussions in their respective districts about future priorities for Pasadena as part of our General Plan update. The first will be hosted by City Councilman Terry Tornek for District 7 residents at Hamilton Elementary School, 2089 Rose Villa St. (626) 744-4009.
SATURDAY, OCT. 3
11 a.m. – The Latino Heritage Parade will begin on Los Robles Avenue at Howard Street, head south to Washington Boulevard, then west to a jamaica/community fair at La Pintoresca Park with free arts and crafts, entertainment, exhibits and food until 4 p.m. Wave to City of Pasadena officials in the parade and stop by the City of Pasadena booths at the jamaica! (626) 791-7421.
SUNDAY, OCT. 4
5 p.m. – Join Pasadena City Councilman Terry Tornek for a walk through District 7. Meet at the Assistance League’s Craft Fair Gift Shop, 820 E. California Blvd. Parking is available in the lot at the shop and on Hudson Avenue. The walk, which will begin promptly at 5:15 p.m., will highlight scenic Arden Road and the Caltech campus, followed by a raffle and refreshments. For more information visit www.upandmoving.org or call District 7 Field Representative Pamela Thyret at (626) 744-4737.
TUESDAY, OCT. 6
* 3 p.m. – From parks to community centers, the City of Pasadena has plans for making structural improvements to public places so people with disabilities can use them safely and conveniently. Learn more at a community meeting hosted by the Accessibility and Disability Commission in the Grand Conference Room (basement room 038) at Pasadena City Hall, 100 N. Garfield Ave. (626) 744-4762.
* 6:30 p.m. – Pasadena City Councilman Steve Haderlein will host a District 4 workshop about future priorities for Pasadena at the historic Stuart Pharmaceutical Building, 3660 E. Foothill Blvd., as part of our General Plan update. (626) 744-4009.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 7
* 7:30 a.m. – Join Pasadena Mayor Bill Bogaard, Fire Chief Dennis Downs and Pasadena Forward’s Executive Director Israel Estrada for a walk around the 3.3-mile Rose Bowl Loop. Meet at Gate A at the Rose Bowl Stadium. (626) 831-2980.
* 6:30 p.m. – Pasadena City Councilwoman Jacque Robinson will host a District 1 workshop about future priorities for Pasadena at the Rose Bowl Press Box, 1001 Rose Bowl Dr., as part of our General Plan update. (626) 744-4009.
FRIDAY, OCT. 9
* 6 to 10 p.m. – More than a dozen of our community’s finest institutions will open their doors for free during ArtNight Pasadena. Complimentary curb-to-curb shuttles will whisk you from one venue to the next. Be sure to stop by Pasadena Central Library, where the Crown City Chamber Players will perform classical hits. www.artnightpasadena.org. (626) 744-7887.
SATURDAY, OCT. 10
* 8 to 11:30 a.m. – Are you ready to go solar at your home? Price reductions, a 30 percent federal tax credit and hefty rebates from Pasadena Water and Power make it easier than ever! Learn more at a workshop at the Salvation Army, 960 E. Walnut St., including a comprehensive overview of incentives, how to choose an installer, and more. Reservations are required. (626) 744-6970.
THROUGH OCT. 10
Register for after-school homework help, tutoring and recreation on school days through May 28 for kids in first through eighth grades at Robinson Park Center, 1085 N. Fair Oaks Ave. (626) 744-7501.
THROUGH OCT. 12
Have you taken one or more MoveAbout Tours yet as we prepare for the General Plan update? Download a guidebook or pick one up at Pasadena Central Library, Pasadena City Hall and other locations. Be sure to include your feedback and return your booklets no later than Monday, Oct. 12. The General Plan is the blueprint for our community's future, so let your voice be heard! (626) 744-4009.
Many thanks to Latina Heritage for use of the parade photo.
Design Commission Review
8 months ago