Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Flags in the Civic Center

If you drive by and see the flags on historic poles throughout the Civic Center area, they've been put up in honor of President Abraham Lincoln's birthday on Thursday, Feb. 12, and Presidents Day on Monday, Feb. 16.

City offices will be closed for these holidays, although I've got a lot of projects in the pipeline so I'll be in my office working in relative peace and quiet. No phones ringing off the hook and no people walking in and out. Sheer bliss!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

You are very noble and good. Try not to work too hard.

Petrea Burchard said...

I'll call you all day every day, just to make it feel normal for you.

Cafe Pasadena said...

Yes, and I can think of one big project right now you should have on the top of your list!

Anonymous said...

Try as might, you can't get away from us, even on holidays.

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Generic Presidents day. I might use that