Thursday, July 29, 2010

Mystery History -- Solved


Thursday 11:30 a.m. UPDATE to the post below: I'll be the first one to admit when I've erred. Liz's (Pasadena Adjacent) 11:02 Tuesday guess "The completion of the bridge at Devils Gate dam (before it was a dam)" was close enough, so she wins this week's fabulous prize. And so maybe I won't go so easy on you next week!

* * * * * * * * * *

How can it be that I stumped everybody two weeks in a row?

I figured that with Hahamongna being in the news lately, it would be fun to post another photo from the 1890s outing to Devil's Gate that I featured in a prior Mystery History won by Bellis last year.

What the group was looking up toward is lost to the ages. A hawk? Someone atop a canyon wall?

One man brought a fishing pole all the way up there, which I love.

Click on the "prior Mystery History" link above for more history of Devil's Gate.

Just as I did the last time I stumped everyone two weeks in a row, I promise to go easy on you next week!

6 comments:

Bellis said...

You got me there - didn't think you'd use Devil's Gate again so soon, Ann. But PA should get kudos - if not a prize - for locating it there.

Petrea Burchard said...

Sure, PA wins!

I wonder if those boulders are still there?

pasadenapio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pasadenapio said...

OK, I erred! (There's a first time for everything, right?!) Liz (PA) will of course get the prize. I'll add an update to the post.

Kevin at Time River Productions said...

Oh, I guess I erred too. I must have been thinking of another picture.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

My delightful replica of city hall has arrived. It now joins the other two. I guess that means I've won a trio
thank you Pasadena PIO