Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anatomy of a Cake


Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts is one of the institutions that cements Pasadena's standing as a bona fide college town!

A team of 14 aspiring chefs hand-picked by instructor Alicia Boada worked tirelessly under her direction for days to perfect a magnificent three-foot-tall, six-tiered cake replica of Pasadena City Hall to help celebrate the city's 124th birthday.




















The final photo above is courtesy of Laura Berthold Montero; all other photos are courtesy of Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts.

9 comments:

Patrizzi Intergarlictica said...

Incredible! I want to keep that cake in my house for 124 years. At least until it has had a chance to grow a good rot on it.

pasadenapio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pasadenapio said...

Ain't it grand?! The sponge-cake tiers were devoured today at the birthday party; the architecturally correct top tiers will be on display at Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts -- in the window for all to see, I'm told.

Cafe Pasadena said...

You did a grand job on covering this cake!
Just one question: how many slices did you have?

Petrea Burchard said...

Fantastic! I love the photos. I got a chance to see the cake in progress and I'm wondering how they got that overhead shot of the chefs at the table. Wunderbar.

Unknown said...

Fabulous. I always read the CakeWrecks blog. Perhaps you could submit this for her Sunday Sweets post. I think this definitely qualifies!

Petrea Burchard said...

http://www.cakewrecks.com/

On Sunday she has the "good" cakes.

Pasadena Adjacent said...

It's beeeaaauuutttiiifffuuulll

good for them!
The long hours spent studying their craft is our good fortune. I'm going to make sure I drop by Le Cordon Bleu window display for a visit

Latino Heritage said...

I was realy intrigued by the work on the dome.