Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CAPIO -- Day Two

What a treat to spend some mommy-daughter time with Jessica today!

We met for lunch at a restaurant in Coronado at the ferry landing. The ferry comes and goes from San Diego on the other side of the bay every 45 minutes or so. You can see it near the pier in the photo above.

We had a nice meal and nice catch-up conversation, all the while watching families playing on the little beach by the pier and kiteboarders doing all kinds of remarkable feats between the water and the sky.


Here's my baby girl! She's married to my son-in-law John and is the mother of two of my four grandchildren, Kimberly and Steven.

Tomorrow it's back to the CAPIO conference for a full day of sessions that are required for me, including Government Communicator Ethics, Advanced Digital Photography (God knows I need that one), Feature Writing Refresher, and Employees: The Forgotten Public.

The conference ends on Friday morning, then I'm back in Pasadena on Saturday and then on a plane to Memphis on Sunday at 6 a.m.!

2 comments:

Cafe Pasadena said...

Great pic of your baby.
Please take the Advanced Digit Photography class 4 me. In fact, take the Beginning class as well, then report back with your findings.

Anonymous said...

I can see the resemblance between yourself and your lovely daughter. Sounds like your having a good time. Enjoy Memphis!